Friday, April 18, 2014

Supersized Games & a Poolside BBQ at The Bellevue Manila


My foodie fambam and I spent a luxurious 3-day weekend at the Bellevue Resort and Hotels properties in Alabang a few weeks back, staying at the business-friendly B Hotel while enjoying all the amenities of the family-oriented Bellevue Manila. We have The Queen of the South, Jane Go, and BHR's owner, Ryan Chan, to thank for such a wonderful time!

One of the highlights of our weekend was definitely our time by the pool at Bellevue. Of course, once the kids jumped in, there was no coming out, and while the parents looked on, we entertained ourselves with some of the other activities (and munchies!) around the pool.

You'll see what I mean...


First off, check out the beautiful pool, surrounded by inviting turquoise lounge chairs! All I wanted to do was lounge around all day and work on a tan, but being surrounded by kids and foodies with camera phones, I thought it best to keep my clothes on and just enjoy the out-of-pool activities.


Chef Anna Chua of Pink Waabi hung out with us for most of the day and spoiled us rotten with chewy brownie bites, banana muffins, and mini green tea cakes. I found myself snacking on the green tea cakes more than I'd like to admit.


Chef Anna also put together these super cute cake lollies - pick your personalities! I called dibs on the one-eyed smiley pirate and one with a mustache. The eating never stopped! No wonder I never made it poolside.


While the kids were having a fun time at the pool, the adults were mucking around the Supersized Games, compliments of the Events Diva, Teena Barretto, taking photo ops rather than actually playing! Case in point was Mama J with Kapitan K, posing by the huge scrabble board!


I really wanted to try out the supersized Jenga, but Jericho and Justice weren't around, so I had no one to play with. Drunk Jenga is an even better version, but this requires copious amounts of alcohol preferably done at night.


Here's the cutie patootie Pickiest Eater family, with little Rainbow spelling out her name on the Scrabble board as Rina and Richie look on. Cutest. Toddler. Ever.

I resigned to my suite at the B Hotel after a few hours, to get away from the heat and to charge my phone battery. I was lucky enough to get the penthouse suite, where Jericho, Justice, and I stayed for the whole weekend. We came back to The Bellevue Manila's poolside after dark for dinner, where the accommodating staff had prepared a special treat for us - a poolside barbecue!


The most snubbed station that night was the salad station, with a simple assortment of mixed vegetables, dressings, and vinaigrette.


Everybody crowded round the meat station, where all kinds of meats from sausages, pork chops, squid, beef, fish, shrimp, and chicken were spread out for us to choose from, before the chef fired them onto the barbie and served them to the table. We were so spoiled!


What you don't see in the picture wre the huge pieces of prawns that are always the first to disappear once they've been set down on the table. I think I may have had around six pieces of prawns, a few sausages, and more chicken satay than I care to admit to having!


For dessert there were little petit fours and fruit skewers with milk chocolate and white chocolate sauce. See that big white space between fruit skwers right in front? Yep, all me. Not ashamed.


When mucking around Alabang, check into The Bellevue Alabang and stay awhile. Work on a tan by the pool, bring a few board games for the kids to enjoy while they rest, and tuck into a good meal poolside.


Just mucking around Manila,


www.muckingaroundmanila.com
Follow @_muckingaround on Twitter and Instagram.
Like the Mucking Around Manila fan page.


The Bellevue Manila
+63 2 771 8181
North Bridgeway, Filinvest City,
Alabang, Muntinglupa