Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Make Me Blush Nail Spa & Beauty Lounge


I am so thankful that Jane of my foodie family has pseudo-adopted me. She is the best! Not only do I finally feel like I'm not alone living in the south, I also like that I suddenly have two sisters that I can get all girly with! Case in point: we schlepped all the way to Quezon City from Alabang to try Make Me Blush Nail Spa & Beauty Lounge! Oh, I also have a super cute brother now, too, but he's too busy with his darling girlfriend to come out with us a lot. You know how it goes.


So, back to the nail spa. Located at the very new Hemady Square along E. Rodriguez street, the colorful nail spa also offers haircuts and colors (by appointment), as well as waxing and eyelash perming services. The whole place feels super Korean - in a good way! Koreans know how to do cute nails right!


The nail spa part of the beauty lounge is pretty big, comfortably seating eight guests at a time. The treatments take a long time, so bring you iPad, or a book, or doze off while your nail technicians work on you. They also have a big TV, you can bring you favorite DVD and they can just pop it in for you while you get your treatments - just remember to take it home!

I got the Love Me or Leave Me (P590) hand and foot package that included a manicure, pedicure, and a 30-minute foot spa.


I love the little touches, and the dainty cup of coffee and chocolate wafers were really nice. Putting my feet up on the pouf, I was looking forward to a relaxing afternoon of doing absolutely nothing.


My old polish was looking really ghetto - all tired, grimy, and chipped. Make Me Blush's plethora of polish made it so hard to choose just one!


Each nail technician had a basket of cleaning essentials. Everything is laid out for you to see what they're applying, and my technician was nice enough to explain what exactly she was slathering all over my feet and legs. Haha!


My nail technician started with a relaxing foot spa first. I think I was lucky that I got someone really good to work on me, as she knew just when and how to apply the right pressure, exfoliating my soles without leaving me in a fit of laughter, and moisturizing my foot without leaving that sticky, wtf-is-that-Vaseline? feeling.


I chose a bright, puta pink for my toes. Unlike the older nail salons, Make Me Blush only used imported brands like Orly, Sally Hansen, China Glaze, and The Face Shop. I hate it when salons charge extra for "imported" nail polish, it's such a rip off.

Mama J wanted to go with a rich, bright red polish, but we somehow ended up rocking the same color pedicure. Haha!


I chose a very pale pink Orly's Kiss the Bride for my manicure, but couldn't resist using Sally Hansen's Rockstar Pink Hard as Nails Xteme Wear Polish to add a bit of personality to my otherwise very demure tips.


I was very happy with the outcome of our little spa day, although it took us over three and a half hours to finish the mani-pedi and foot spa! I'd definitely head back if I ever found myself in the area with time to spare, but nowadays, that isn't an option.

When you find yourself mucking around Quezon City and have a couple of hours to kill, head on over to Make Me Blush and treat yourself to a mani-pedi, a new haircut, get yourself de-fuzzed, or get your lashes extended! It's such a cute concept, I hope they open somewhere closer - like say Makati or BGC - soon! Oh, and thank you to Mama J, fitspiration ate, and the baby unicorn for joining me! I love you guys!


Just mucking around Manila,


www.muckingaroundmanila.com
Follow @_muckingaround on Twitter and Instagram.
Like the Mucking Around Manila fan page.


Make Me Blush Nail Spa & Beauty Lounge
+63 2 234 9529
Hemady Square Unit 303
86 Dona Hemady Street Corner E. Rodriguez Ave.
Quezon City
Open Daily: 10am - 10pm