Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Unboxed: Crumpler's Boom Camera Strap


As much as I love my FujiFilm XM-1, I hate the flimsy camera strap that came with it. The leather case looked really, really nice online, but after using it a few times the webbing started to fray, and the clasp kept slipping, resulting in a few screams of terror followed by miraculous split-second catches as my camera plummets to the ground, lens first.

Last week, Crumpler changed all that when they sent me their latest Boom Camera Strap (P650) to try. It was a happy surprise. There I was, minding my own business, when I got a knock at the door and the delivery dude handed me a small package I wasn't expecting. So it's goodbye to accident-prone camera strap and hello sturdy, colorful Crumpler strap for yours truly!


My Boom Camera Strap comes in a simple rectangular box, showing off the heavy-duty polyester webbing and the Crumpler logo. The camera strap comes in seven other colors, so there are a few options for you to choose. I got a lovely shade of blue, which was a nice neutral color for when I have to lend my camera to Jericho to take pictures for me because I'm lazy.


The problem I had with my camera tethering a few feet above the ground, barely holding on to a clasp that keeps slipping was now gone, as the Boom Camera Strap  latches on for dear life with the mini release buckles, keeping it secure and in place. I can let my camera dangle from my neck without having to worry about it falling off.

When mucking around Manila in search of a decent camera strap, check out Crumpler's Boom Camera Strap. It is simple, colorful, and practically idiot-proof. Mine works perfect for my mirrorless camera and is just the right size for it, too.


Just mucking around Manila,


www.muckingaroundmanila.com
Follow @_muckingaround on Twitter and Instagram.
Like the Mucking Around Manila fan page.


Crumpler Philippines
Shangri-la Plaza | Trinoma | Robinsons Magnolia | Bonifacio High Street