Monday, October 21, 2013

Seeing Things Clearer with a FujiFilm X-M1


I got myself an early birthday present this year! I had been looking for a compact camera that had the capabilities of a DSLR without the bulk, that had a retro feel to it. I had had my eye on the Leica X2, but other that it being hella expensive, the features aren't as great compared to the likes of a Panasonic Lumix LX7. So there I was, mulling over which one to get, when my good friend Richard tells me of a camera that's the best of both worlds: The FujiFilm X-M1.




I got my black and silver X-M1 over at Henry's at Glorietta 2. I'm glad they finally have a store in Makati - it's such a pain in the ass to have to go all the way to Hidalgo for it. They also have this in just black, and there should be a brown and silver one coming out soon. This kit usually sells for around P38,000 at other stores, but I got this at a little under P31,000. It is Henry's after all.


The X-M1 has the quality of a digital SLR in a compact body, with a large APS-C 16M "X-Trans CMOS" and "EXR Processor II" which is just fancy talk for it's pretty bangin' where color and resolution is involved - which is all of the pictures you'll ever take on this camera.

Although it doesn't have a viewfinder, it more than makes up for it with a 3" 920-dot LCD screen than can tilt upwards or downwards for better angling.

The best part about it? This pretty baby has Wireless Image Transfer lets me share my pictures to my iPhone, making for way better looking Instagram photos! Haha!


The 16-50MM kit at Henry's comes with a one year warranty from Fuji, as well as the battery and charger, but you'd have to buy the HDMI cables separately. They also throw in an 8GB memory card, a remote release RR-90, a smart-looking leather case specifically for the X-M!, and a hand grip for when you need to use the camera on a tripod. I bought a small Crumpler pouch at Digital Walker at the Alabang Town Center, which is the perfect size to fit the X-M1 and the charger, and it fits nicely in my bag!

Overall, I've been very, very happy with my new camera. I don't feel like I'm carrying a huge piece of machinery every time I go out, and the pictures are still crisp and pretty badass. Also, I seem to be getting a lot of oohs and aahs over the pretty body, which is never a bad thing.

When mucking around Manila wanting to buy a new camera, Henry's is the only place to go for a great deal!


Just mucking around Manila,


www.muckingaroundmanila.com
Follow @_muckingaround on Twitter and Instagram.
Like the Mucking Around Manila fan page.

Henry's Professional
+63 2 808 8040
+63 9 05 296 7303 | +63 9 32 482 9650
3rd Floor New Glorietta, Makati City
Open Daily: 10am - 9pm