Monday, April 8, 2013

The Loudbasstards Are Green, Too!

I've been doing a lot of mucking around on the innernet, mostly a lot of online window shopping. My favorite site right now is Amina Aranaz-Alunan's AVA.ph as most of the products and services sold on the site are so unique and are mostly made in the Philippines, which I think is just super cool (no group-buying whores here!). I especially like their art section - there are a few Kitkat Pecson pieces I hope would make it on my wall one day.


I've been looking for electronic speakers for my place, mulling over whether to buy the iPhone docks that Sony and Bose have - but having second thoughts about shelling out P3,500 - P5,000 for it - and then I came across Loudbasstard. A speaker dock made entirely from local bamboo (bambusa blumeana or bayog) that comes in different colors. It's a green alternative to your electric speaker and only costs P995.

We are Loudbasstard. We amplify your music experience in a time where people like to share, in an era of cultural awakening, in an era of increasing personal freedom... For the love of music.


I got my Loudbasstard delivered a few days ago and gave it a spin. It's a tad smaller than I expected it to be, but would fit perfectly on a side table or the toilet seat if you're on the loo and want, ehem, ambiance music. It doesn't need a plug or electricity to turn up the volume of your favorite tunes or audiobook - you just place your iPod/iPhone/iPad in the slot and it acts like a megaphone. The bamboo helps increase the volume while the cylindrical shape helps direct the sound.




The best part? Loudbasstard supports the growth of the local economy, as every piece is completely handmade in Cebu, Philippines by locals who learned the craft from their ancestors. Well, I don't know if our ancestors needed an iPhone dock back in the day, but the point is, they learned the craft using traditional techniques.


I've been using my Loudbasstard for a few days now, and I have fallen in love with it! I don't have to worry about it breaking down, or whether or not it's compatible with my iPhone, or the bass getting all gurgled in the long run from over use. It just sits on my table, looking all fly and shiz, pumping up the bass of my Janelle Monáe.

Kudos to the Loudbasstards who came up coming up with this innovative, eco-friendly product! When mucking around the beach or an intimate gathering, this is perfect for turning the tunes up and a must have for every young urbanites home!


Just mucking around Manila,



www.muckingaroundmanila.com
Follow @_iamkathi on Twitter and Instagram.
Like the Mucking Around Manila fan page.

Photos courtesy of Jericho San Miguel