Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 5: Yoga+ 30-Day Challenge


Day 5 of my Yoga+ challenge! Has it really only been five days? It feels like I've been doing this for over a month already. Took Dinah Salonga's Hot A class at 8 o'clock in the evening. The class was pretty small compared to the other ones I had gone to and it looked like most of us had just begun our practice, so Dinah went slow, showing us the proper way of doing the postures and not turning the heat up too much. I liked that her class was very educational, even taking the newbies aside and sitting them down to talk about their experience on the mat after class.

I learnt a lot about patience on the mat today. I'd get so frustrated that everyone else could to a certain pose, yet I'd be struggling to keep my foot up, or feel like an elephant in the room, stumbling from one pose to the other while the others just seem to glide from one pose to the next. Being in a class of beginners, it was ok if I couldn't do the poses just yet... I will if I stick to it. I was breathing a lot better, too.

My body is feeling the stretch, and with the heat and all the sweating, my skin has become clearer, softer and more supple, in a span of only five days! There are times when I just don't want to go to class, but seeing the results after is just worth it, and I'm excited for the next yoga class I'd be attending.

Been really good, with my banana-ginger shake to keep my strength up, and some bread and tuna for lunch.


Going to yoga class (+25), meditation (+5), 7 hours of sleep minimum (+5), Drinking 3 liters of water a day (+5) = 40 points