Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 4: Yoga+ 30-Day Challenge


It's Day 4 and I thought I'd join an evening class at Yoga+, Ryan Chester's Hot B class, to be exact. Hot B consists of 26 postures and is a pretty intense workout with a lot of controlled breathing. I like how Ryan is really hands on and takes the time to get to know his students, taking us newbies aside to teach us some breathing exercises we'd be doing in class so we don't get weirded out.

The class was packed to the rafters! I don't know why, but I just couldn't focus and zone out this time compared to the last three days. Maybe because the class I took was right after work and not in the morning before all the stress piles up? I was thinking of projects I needed to complete during savasana and it was just really annoying!

Ryan reminded me to always focus on my breathing. Even if I just stood there the whole time, not doing anything, all i needed to focus on was breathing in and out of my nose. I didn't notice my breathes getting shorter (probably because I was so in my head at the time), and I'd have to stop because I was just dizzy from lack of oxygen - something that I thought I had conquered last week - but it was more from the shallow breaths than anything else. Hey, at least I'm learning.

I was super good again today - going back to yoga has definitely made me feel a lot more conscious of what I'm putting into my body, regardless of the 30-day challenge. I had my banana-ginger shake with flax seeds and a bit of honey, and some wheat bread for lunch, and again for dinner.



Going to yoga class (+25), meditation (+5), 7 hours of sleep minimum (+5), Drinking 3 liters of water a day (+5) = 40 points