Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 1: Yoga+ 30-Day Challenge



It's the first of the month and Day 1 of the 30-Day Yoga Challenge at Yoga+! I was so excited and nervous at the same time that I got the class schedules messed up and thought I was in for a 90-minute Flow session, turns out the 6:30am class was for Hot A Class, with was 90-minutes of hatha yoga postures practiced in a room that is heated to 37 degrees Celsius with Aisa Locsin. I was a bit overdressed.

Going through the postures, I could only do half the standing poses and most of the floor poses. I realized I have no sense of balance and absolutely no stamina! The heat was a good thing and a bad thing. I had to fight the lightheadedness once the room got uncomfortably warm and had to just lie down and focus on my breathing so I wouldn't faint. At the same time all the toxins were being flushed out of my system.

I was so parched, but Aisa had told me beforehand that she was strict with her water breaks, and advised me to take short sips when we'd have them. I am so used to picking up a skill and excelling quickly until I get bored and move on to something else, but that is the exact opposite of what yoga is all about, and feeling I will be constantly fighting with.

I was a bit apprehensive at first, that if I took an early class, I'd be tired throughout the rest of the day, and thinking that taking a late class before I crash would be better for me. I'm glad I fought that notion and I noticed my energy was high throughout the day, and I wasn't as distracted as I usually was with my co-workers yelling, laughing and playing music.

I had banana-ginger shake with ground flax seeds and whey protein for breakfast, a few pieces of sesame bread with orange marmalade for lunch and plain old toast for dinner. A co-worker brought over a delicious chocolate cake which I just couldn't say no to though, so I gave in to that. Dammit. Points for trying to say no!

The guys went out for dinner and drinks afterwards, but I stayed home and meditated instead. Not only to I need to sleep early as I have another Hot A class at 9 o'clock in the morning, but I also want a bit of peace and quiet to end this crazy week.


Going to yoga class (+25), meditation (+5), 7 hours of sleep minimum (+5), Drinking 3 liters of water a day (+5), eating white rice/bread, pasta (-5), taking in refined sugar (-5) = 30 points