Monday, March 12, 2012

Mucking Around New York City


I love New York.


I love New York because of the Empire State Building, the Metropolitan Museum, and Central Park.

I love New York because you can almost always hear around a dozen languages being spoken all at the same time.


I love New York because it's a foodie's paradise.

I love New York because of the Lower East Side. Come on, you can see everybody down there!



I love New York because of Grand Central Terminal - the sky ceiling, the two grand staircases, the gold chandeliers, the Whispering Gallery, the Kissing Room, and the Oyster Bar!

I love New York because of takeout.


I love New York because no matter where you're from, there's a neighborhood that'll make you feel at home.

I love New York because even the guy who is planning to mug you will stop and say hi, because he’s not really sure - you might be just as crazy as he is.

I love New York because 9 million people or no, it's a small town.

I love New York because everyone's walking - to get somewhere, to do something, to meet someone - all in great shoes!

I love New York because instead of seeing ‘King Kong’ at the AMC Empire 25, you can see ‘Swordswoman of Huangjiang, VI' at MoMA.

I love New York because two adults can make a classy and spacious home out of 280 square feet.


I love New York because of High Line - that park in the sky is irresistibly hipster.

I love New York because Broadway is better when it's discounted - thank you TKTS!


I love New York because you can walk almost anywhere and take the bus or the subway if you get tired.

I love New York because of Brooklyn. In Manhattan, the capitalists have won, but they haven’t quite fully won in Brooklyn.

I love New York because October fucking rocks!

I love New York because a dozen Krispy Kremes and a few good stock picks can make you $2 million a year.


I love New York because the people are refreshingly frank.

I love New York because it’s not a company town like L.A., it’s not provincial like Paris, and it’s not snobby like London.



I love New York because of the noise.


I love me some New York.